The Library can provide help with research, citing sources and data management. It has thousands of online journals, reports, books, government sources, statistics and more.
Online Library Access
Students who are enrolled in classroom or online courses of 10 instructional hours or longer have complete access to the online journals and e-books available at the University of Calgary Library.
Library access is available 30 days before your course starts, and 30 days after it ends.
Logging in to the library website
Please note that you will not be able to log in from 1 to 1:45 pm due to regular system updates.
- Go to the Library website and browse for resources.
- When prompted for a login, enter the 8-digit UCID assigned to you by Continuing Education and your My ContEd password.*
* Passwords containing the '+' and '&' characters will not work for library login. Please login to My ContEd to change your password.
If you qualify for library access (your course is 10 hours or longer) but cannot login, please contact us during regular business hours.
Outside of these hours, please connect with the UCIT Support Centre for technical help. Please identify yourself as a Continuing Education student.
In-Person Library Access
If you wish to sign out books from the library or print resources and materials at the library, you will need a UNICARD.
At the library you can:
- Scan to your email or USB for free
- Photocopying (cash payment only)
- Print with your UNICARD (reloading station on site – only takes paper money)
- Access to over 900 databases and thousands of e-books
Hours and Location
Taylor Family Digital Library
410 University Court NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
Click here for hours.