Eligibility for Prerequisite Waiver
To be granted a prerequisite waiver for BMC 352 Learning Online, you must demonstrate completion of at least one interactive online course from an educational institution or an employer. An interactive online course is one that involves regular online contact among students and instructors.
Supporting documentation is required in the form of transcripts, certificates of course completion, or written verification from an employer describing the online training that was completed. Documentation must clearly indicate that the training/learning was conducted online.
Examples of online learning that do not meet waiver requirements:
- Online learning that is primarily a series of notes on a website.
- Self-paced independent study online.
- Online coursepack courses that have no interactive components.
- Face-to-face courses that used Blackboard, Desire2Learn, or other online technologies for course content, but do not include other interactive components.
Completion of at least one fully-interactive online course is required.
- If you are enrolled in a certificate in Creative or Professional Writing, you must apply for Advanced Standing because BMC 352 Learning Online is a required course. The same eligibility requirements apply.
- Your application will not be reviewed until all supporting documentation is received. Documents can be faxed to 403-284-5702, uploaded via the online application form, or emailed to email@example.com.
- Once all supporting documents are received it will take approximately 5 working days to process your application. You will be notified of your status by our Customer Service personnel.