Take a comprehensive and systematic look at creating programs for adult learners. Program planning involves the thoughtful integration of many elements and issues to create a successful learning experience. Discover and apply the many parts of program planning in the creation of a work-related program. Sharing your ideas and experiences with your peers will be part of this collaborative learning experience.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Critically reflect on your own philosophy, values and practices related to adult learning
- Describe advantages and disadvantages of a given approach to adult program planning
- Identify key program planning issues, opportunities and challenges relevant to your context
- Plan programs for adult learners by applying theoretical approaches for your context
- Evaluate the success of existing adult education programs
NotesStudents should expect to spend five to seven hours on coursework each week.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Adult and Community Education : Core Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Career and Academic Advising : Core Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in e-Learning : Core Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Workplace Learning : Core Courses